Reinstatement Filing - Not For Profit Business Services
- Domestic and foreign corporations may file for reinstatement electronically. The corporation may choose expedited service or routine service. The application for reinstatement, all annual reports (maximum of 3 years) and all fees due must be submitted. An optional change to the registered agent and/or address may also be submitted during this process.
- A corporation cannot file for reinstatement electronically if the corporation has been voluntarily dissolved or withdrawn; has expired; has more than 3 years of delinquent annual reports; has been revoked for failure to renew its foreign assumed name; has an outstanding unacceptable payment; has a current hold from the Illinois Department of Revenue; or must change its corporate name to effect reinstatement.
- When filing the reinstatement electronically, a corporation may NOT make a change to the name, duration or purpose.
- All forms must be executed by an authorized officer of the corporation. Please keep in mind that the registered agent, corporate attorney or owner are NOT acceptable.
- Payment must be made during the electronic filing process using Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express cards. Debit cards are not recommended as payment for this transaction.
- Payment of all fees due is required during the filing process. A payment processor fee (minimum of $1.00) will be assessed.
- Your credit card account will be charged at the time you transmit the application for reinstatement. If the application is not accepted, the charge to your card will be reversed (the reversal can take between 72 hours and 30 business days).
Processing and Acknowledgement
- Upon completion of the required forms to effect reinstatement, there will be an emailed acknowledgement. It is important to verify your email address before submission, as all correspondence regarding the submission will be sent to this address only. A non-expedited service request will be reviewed and a second email response sent within 10 business days after submission.
- After the forms have been reviewed and accepted for filing, an emailed acknowledgement will be sent. This email will contain a link, which may be used to review the filed documents.
- If you choose expedited service, the reinstatement will be reviewed within 24 hours of receipt (excluding Saturday, Sunday and holidays)
For more information, please call the Corporations Division at 217-782-6961 ext. 7785.