LLC Assumed Name Renewal Business Services
Companies That Can Renew Online
- Both domestic and foreign limited liability companies having no more than two assumed names may renew one or both of the assumed names electronically.
Companies That Can Not Renew Online
- Limited liability companies that have more than two assumed names;
- Limited liability companies that have been dissolved, either voluntarily or administratively, that have been revoked or effected a voluntary withdrawal, or that have expired; or must execute the renewal through the use of "layered signatures" or by power of attorney. All documents executed by power of attorney must be accompanied by a copy of the authorization.
- Limited liability companies that are not in good standing may still renew an assumed name providing certain criteria is met. First, filing of the delinquent Annual Report must precede the renewal. Second, the $100 per name late filing penalty mandated by Section 1-20 of the Limited Liability Company Act applies when an assumed name is not renewed prior to the first day of the anniversary month. Note that the Act contains no provision for the waiver or abatement of the penalty.
- Any assumed name of a limited liability company renewed electronically will be considered an original filing even if an earlier paper version was submitted and then returned by the Secretary of State for revision by the company. Therefore, in addition to the renewal fee any penalty incurred as of the current date must be paid at the time of filing the renewal.
Payment of fees
- Payment must be made using Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express credit card.
- A payment processor fee will be assessed to all transactions.