COVID-19 Impact Jesse White Issues Reminder that Driver Services Facilities Reopen
Chicago North and Chicago South only serve REAL ID applicants on Mondays.
- The following facilities are temporarily closed: James R. Thompson Center, Chicago, 69 W. Washington Street, Chicago, Chicago West, 5301 W. Lexington Avenue and Chicago Heights. To find another location visit our Facility Finder.
- Driver's license and ID card expiration dates extended to June 1, 2021
- Jesse White is encouraging the public to take advantage of online services
- Read more on how to renew your driver's license or ID card online.
- Secretary of State Jesse White and Treasurer Michael Frerichs Announce Extension: E-Check Payment Processor Fee Now Waived Through May 31, 2021 Renew your vehicle sticker
- Vehicle registration stickers that expired in November and December 2020 have been extended through March 31, 2021.
- Commercial Driver's Licenses (CDL), Commercial Learner's Permits (CLP) and Federal Waivers Read More
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security pushes back REAL ID deadline one year to Oct. 1, 2021. Current Illinois driver's licenses or ID cards will continue to be accepted at airports, military bases and secure federal facilities until Oct. 1, 2021. Press Release www.REALID.ilsos.gov